THE TENTH LARGEST OIL RESERVE HOLDER IN AFRICA
- Chad ranks as the tenth-largest oil reserve holder among African countries, with 1.5 billion barrels of proven reserves as of January 1, 2013.
- Current Exploration Discoveries: Esso's Tega and Maku discoveries in the Doseo basin, Kibea discovery and Sako North.
IMMENSE GREEN ENERGY POTENTIAL IN SOLAR, BIOMASS AND HYDRO-POWER
- Djermaya Solar Project: The first privately owned, financed and managed solar photovoltaic plant at Djermaya, Chad.
- Biomass is the primary energy source for the majority of the Chad's rural population, with over 93% using traditional biomass fuels.
RICH IN GOLD, SILVER, DIAMONDS, URANIUM AND MANY MORE
- Deposits of gold, silver, diamonds, quartz, bauxite, granite, tin, tungsten, uranium,limestone, sand, gravel, kaolin, and salt.
- Uranium Deposit: estimated at 8,000,000 tons only in Madagzang area, while there exist underexplored regions, rich in uranium. (e.g. Guera and Mayo Kebi regions).